Dianne Cyr Ph.D.
Other activities relate to executive development and business interests. During 1997-1999, I was the faculty leader for the development and implementation of an Executive Travel Study Program through the Department of Continuing Studies at Simon Fraser University. We visited exemplary companies in the U.S. to learn about best practices, with a focus on special topics such as organizational learning or leadership. Five trips were undertaken with an average number of 15 executives per trip.
Other professional activities include:
- Facilitator, Strategic Planning Session, Surrey Business Improvement Association. (March, 2013)
- Member of the Greater Vancouver Regional District sub-group task force studying technology related issues in the greater Vancouver area. This later became the Innovate BC task group. (1999)
- Coordinated a Board of Trade event featuring Dr. William Miller of Stanford University with TechBC as primary sponsor. (1999)
- Member of the Board of Directors of PACE (Pacific Corridor Enterprise Council) with a focus on fostering strategic alliances between Canada, the U.S and Latin America. (1997-99)
- Director for SportMate, a company specialized in high technology applications in the sporting industry (1997-1999).
- Co-founder and Vice-President of the Canada-Sri Lanka Business Council (B.C. Chapter).
I have been active in various professional organizations as noted below.
- Association of Internet Researchers
- Association for Information Systems
- Academy of Management
- European Group for Organizational Studies (EGOS)
- Vancouver Enterprise Forum
- BC Technology Industries Association
- Fraser Valley Technology Network
- Wired Women Association.
- Western Businesswomen’s Association
- PACE (Pacific Corridor Enterprise Council)
- Canadian Council for the Americas (aimed at facilitating cross-border alliances).